Your privacy is important to us at BLA (NZ Holdings Pty Ltd as BLA) (“BLA”). This policy discloses how we collect, protect, use and share personal information gathered about you.
What is “Personal Information”?
- The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) currently defines “personal information” as meaning information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
How We Collect Information
Generally, we may collect personal information in the following situations:
- when you make a purchase from us or through our network which includes our website;
- when you participate in a survey, competition, promotion or other marketing campaign;
- when you indicate that you wish to receive news, offers or other marketing material from BLA;
- if you make an inquiry or a complaint concerning our products and services either to us directly or to one of our authorised dealers;
- if have other dealings with us, for example, via social media or in person, over the telephone or when you write to us;
- when you visit our website;
- when you apply for a trading account with us.
What Information We Collect
The kinds of personal information that we collect will vary depending upon our interaction with you but may include:
- your name, address and other contact details (like your telephone number);
- your email address;
- your date of birth;
- your gender;
- transaction details relating to any purchase(s) that you have made with us or that have been made on your behalf;
- any preferences that you select; and
- any other personal information which may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
Without this information we would not be able to carry on our business and provide our products and services to you.
How We Hold Your Personal Information
When we receive information in hard copy form, we enter the information on our system and then destroy the hard copy after this is done.
Information that is received electronically or entered on our system from hard copy documents is stored on server servers that are located in Australia and backed up on servers that are located in the United States. The servers are secure and access is password protected and restricted to employees of BLA and our parent company Brunswick Corporation.
How We Use Your Personal Information
BLA may use personal information for the primary purpose for which we have collected it, or for another closely related secondary purpose. Our potential uses of personal information which BLA collects (and for which you consent to us using your personal information for) may include:
- to process and fulfil your orders for goods, products, or other items from us;
- to contact you if there is a problem with your product or to provide after-sale services to you;
- to assist in identifying ways in which we can provide you with a better service, or enhance your experience of our website and mobile site or other services;
- for our financial and operational processes;
- so that we can promote our products and services to you and the products and services of third parties that we deal with;
- to allow our related companies to promote their products and services to you and those of their partners;
- to allow or assist our dealers and resellers of our products to promote our products to you or to promote the dealer’s or reseller’s services in connection with such products
- to facilitate our dealers in carrying out our warranty obligations
- detecting and preventing fraud;
- for business research and development of new products and services;
- to facilitate the competitions, special offers and promotions that we or our partners run;
- to display content and advertising that are customised to your interests, preferences and experiences;
- to verify your identity;
- so that we can respond to inquiries and complaint handling; and
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and enforce our legal rights and/or defend claims made against us.
In addition we are permitted to use or disclose personal information held about you:
- where you have consented to the use or disclosure;
- where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious, immediate threat to someone’s health or safety or the public’s health or safety;
- where we reasonably suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in and the use or disclosure is a necessary part of our investigation or in reporting the matter to the relevant authorities;
- where such use or disclosure is required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or legal process or in connection with our obligations to notify product safety issues and product safety recalls);
- where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary for prevention, investigation, prosecution and punishment of crimes or wrongdoings or the preparation for, conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal or the implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal by or on behalf of an enforcement body.
Direct Marketing and Research
As set out above, BLA may use personal information about you for marketing and research purposes. However, you can manage your BLA communication preferences by contacting us. In addition, the marketing communications that we send you may also contain information on how to unsubscribe from those communications.
You can tell us at any time if you do not want us to disclose your details to other organisations such as our related companies or third parties for marketing purposes. To do this, you just need to contact us (our contact details are set out below in this policy). Sometimes we may extract information from our collected records to produce aggregated sales data. This aggregated data does not identify individuals. BLA uses the aggregated sales data for research purposes and may share the data with third parties.
Disclosing and sharing of data
We do not sell personal information.
We may share the personal information you provide with companies affiliated with BLA. We may share this information with our related companies and with BLA business partners, dealers, resellers and distributors of our products.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties, including for example, after-sale service agencies, data processing companies, transportation businesses, and their respective officers, employees, agents and representatives for the primary purpose for which the information was collected or for related purposes, to provide you with a service or information that you requested or consented to receive from us.
We may also disclose your personal information to various law enforcement agencies and government authorities.
We may use your personal information to establish, exercise or defend a legal or equitable claim. We may use your personal information for the purposes of confidential alternative dispute resolution. Your information may also be shared between related entities within our business group where necessary to fulfil our purposes.
We may engage third party contractors to perform services for us which involve the contractor handling personal information we hold. For example, we may engage third party contractors to:
- provide after-sale services
- provide delivery services
- provide email and mail handling services
- provide electronic funds transfer services, credit card account processing and related services
- operate call centers
- conduct market research
- provide information technology services such as data storage, website hosting, communication networks, software and system development and maintenance
In these situations, we take steps to prohibit the third party contractor from using personal information about you except for the specific purpose for which we supply it to that third party contractor.
Cookies, Tracking and Advertising
Sometimes our website contains links to third party websites, for your convenience and information. When you access a non- BLA website, please understand that BLA is not responsible for the privacy practices of that site. We suggest that you review the privacy policies of each site you visit.
BLA and its subsidiaries actively use and reserve the right to use advertising mediums with remarketing capabilities. Vendors such as Google Adwords display adverts created by us on search engines, web pages and applications throughout the internet. Such vendors may track your online behaviour (cookies) and serve ads based on your past visits or perceived topics of interest.
We use Google Analytics to track trends and behaviour on our websites. For example, to identify which pages are most popular, so we can ensure to provide more relevant content that you as a visitor wish to view. We use this analysis to improve content and functionality of our website and a better user experience. Google Analytics advertising features including remarketing, demographic and interest reporting are also used by BLA. These features help to target our advertising efforts so our messages are being sent to those who are most likely to engage with them and find them useful.
Should you wish to opt out of Google Analytics advertising features, you can do so via your ad settings or the use of Google Analytics opt-out browser add on. https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
Access to and Correction of Information about You
Australian Privacy Principle 12 permits you to obtain access to the personal information we hold about you in certain circumstances, and Australian Privacy Principle 13 allows you to correct inaccurate personal information subject to certain exceptions. If you would like to obtain such access, please contact us as set out below. Where we are required by law, we will, on request, provide you with access to the information we hold about you including for the purpose of correcting or updating that information. We may recover from you our reasonable costs of supplying you with access to the information we hold about you but will not charge you for lodging the request itself. Access to personal information will be given to you in the manner requested if it is reasonable to do so. Your request to provide access to this information will be dealt with in a reasonable time.
If we refuse to provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will provide you with written reasons for the refusal and inform you of any exceptions relied upon under the Australia Privacy Principles.
Anonymity and Pseudonymity
You have the option of dealing with BLA anonymously however this only applies where it is practicable for us to do so, such as providing response to a general enquiry.
For most other functions and activities, we will need your name and contact information and enough information about the particular matter to enable us to adequately serve you and perform our regular business function. In these circumstances it would not be practicable for you to operate under a pseudonym.
Keeping your personal information up-to-date
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is relevant, accurate, complete, and up-to-date whenever we collect or use it. If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to either correct this information, or if necessary, discuss alternative action with you.
Transfer of Information Overseas
BLA is likely to disclose personal information to its parent company in the United States. We take reasonable steps to ensure that overseas recipients comply with the Australia Privacy Principles.
- A supplier of goods and services
- Data processors
- Information technology and business process service providers
Storage and Security of Your Personal Information
While we strive to protect such information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or obtain from our online services (if relevant). Accordingly, use is at your own risk.
Once any personal information comes into our possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification, interference or disclosure. Once personal information is no longer needed, it will be permanently de-identified or destroyed.
However, we do not promise that your personal information cannot be accessed by an unauthorised person (e.g. a hacker) or that unauthorised disclosures will not occur. If we provide you with any passwords or other security devices, it is important that you keep these secret and confidential and do not allow them to be used by any other person.
Resolving Your Concerns
If you wish to gain access to your personal information, have a complaint about a breach of your privacy or you have any query on how your personal information is collected or used please forward your request, complaint or query to the address below. We will respond to your query or complaint as soon as possible.
Opting out of marketing communications
You may be contacted by mail, telephone or email for purposes of customer service or to be notified of related products, promotions, newsletters, customer surveys and similar materials that we may conduct or distribute from time to time.
If you do not wish to receive any such communications, you may advise us that you wish to opt out:
- e-mail us at: [email protected]
- call us at: 1300 252 725
- write us at:
PO Box 7171
Hemmant Queensland 4174.
How to Contact Us?
If you would like to update your contact information or preferences, access your personal information, make a complaint or have your information removed from our mailing lists, you may:
- e-mail us at: [email protected]
- call us at: 09442 1717
- write us at:
44 Sir Woolf Fisher Drive
Highbrook, East Tamaki, Auckland 2013 New Zealand